Individuals suffering from Klonopin addiction are better off getting professional assistance to help them get their lives back. An addiction expert or specialist can help the patient achieve recovery goals such as:
- Gaining a community of patients dedicated to sobriety and recovery
- Repairing any damaged relationships with loved ones, friends, and family
- Enhancing their mental and physical well-being
- Decreasing and stopping their Klonopin usage
Once you start Klonopin addiction treatment, the team will aid you in establishing recovery goals and give you all the necessary resources to achieve them. The medical professionals and staff will offer support as you reduce Klonopin use and rebuild your life.
Stages of Klonopin Addiction Treatment
Anyone who abuses Klonopin regularly is possibly also dealing with an addiction to the drug. Even though drug addiction is treated as a chronic illness, you can also manage it through specific recovery needs, so your program will probably vary from someone else’s recovery treatment program. However, every addiction treatment program usually has the same general comprehensive treatment. The Klonopin addiction treatment you use will depend on your aspects in common, which include:
- Diagnosis: This will be the first step of Klonopin addiction treatment, where behavioral and medical health professionals will give the patient psychological and physical evaluations to determine the extent of their addiction. They will also assess the individual’s mental and physical health during this stage aside from any co-occurring conditions.
- Detox: This is the next stage of the treatment which typically includes gradually reducing the individual’s Klonopin dosage intake, also known as tapering. The tapering approach is generally employed for patients withdrawing from any benzodiazepine medications. This reduces the chances of experiencing a severe withdrawal from Klonopin, but it does not necessarily eliminate the withdrawal symptoms.
- A personalized treatment program: This phase is essential for Klonopin addiction treatment because it is the foundation of the patient’s recovery. The individual can choose between outpatient and inpatient treatment; your recovery treatment team will advise you on the ideal option for you, depending on your medical needs. Klonopin rehab and addiction treatment usually comprise the following approaches:
- Substance abuse education: This includes teaching the patient how addiction works and how Klonopin affects the body. Having this knowledge allows you to understand your triggers and underlying reasons for Klonopin use and how you can manage your overall recovery.
- Therapy: There is a lot of work involved in individual therapy for the patient where they get to have one-on-one sessions with a therapist. Group therapy is also a key aspect of Klonopin addiction treatment where the patient has sessions with other recovering users with a therapist. Most rehab programs have different therapeutic approaches to complement the individual’s overall recovery program. This could include EMDR therapy, music therapy, or art therapy. It is about achieving the ideal combination of therapies to support your Klonopin addiction recovery.
- Medications and tapers: When it comes to this aspect of Klonopin addiction treatment, the program modifies along with the patient’s changing needs. Tapering can also go on for longer than expected so that the treatment team will observe your dosage constantly based on your response. Addiction specialists also ensure the patient is not abusing Klonopin or misusing other drugs during recovery.
- Relapse prevention: It is common for recovering Klonopin users to relapse during addiction recovery considering the condition is chronic. This stage of the treatment includes determining the patient’s relapse triggers to prepare them on how to manage or avoid them. In case of a relapse, the goal is to immediately get the individual back on track, which could mean going back to the treatment program.
- Aftercare planning: If you want to maintain your recovery after Klonopin addiction treatment, you’ll need to develop an aftercare plan to employ going forward. You will do this with your therapist before completing the recovery treatment to help you maintain sobriety in your daily life.
Duration of Treatment
The duration of this entire treatment program usually varies with each person’s circumstances. If the individual has been taking Klonopin for a while or combining it with other drugs or alcohol, the detox, and overall treatment process will last longer. The treatment duration will depend on the user’s needs, presence of co-occurring mental or medical health problems, progress rate of recovery, and addiction severity. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s 13 Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment, individuals should go through at least 90 days of recovery treatment. Although, Klonopin addiction treatment can go for 28 to 90 days again, depending on your needs and circumstances.
There are 30, 60, and 90-day programs to choose from for Klonopin addiction treatment. For those who need it, there are also extended programs such as halfway houses or sober living facilities if you want to continue further with the treatment. Ensure you’re focused on selecting a program that maximizes your likelihood of lasting success.
Most people will require at least three months of addiction recovery treatment to achieve sobriety and start a plan for continued recovery. According to research, users who want the best results are better off going for more extended treatment programs, which might be terrifying initially but give you the best outcome.
It is best to have realistic expectations when getting into Klonopin addiction treatment programs. A Klonopin addiction changes your body chemistry and brain wiring, making you highly dependent on the drug. This means that the treatment process and achievement of lasting sobriety could take a long time, so accepting the treatment process and exercising patience with yourself will make the process more effective.